BIBLE

BIBLE

Saturday, March 12, 2016

Act Justly,Have Mercy,Walk Humbly Part -1

Hi friends,
Today morning as I woke , these are the words that kept coming up in my spirit- ACT JUSTLY, HAVE MERCY, WALK HUMBLY. Searching it up I found the verse is :

“He hath shown thee, O man, what is good: and what doth the Lord require of thee but to do justly and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?”-Micah 6:8

 God is SIMPLY brilliant! His sheer brilliance is that the things of God are so simple; that a little child can understand them but they are also as profound as the oceans. Let us see in the consequent 3 blog posts one by one what God requires us to do -


1) ACT JUSTLY-
Justice means fairness, impartiality, righteousness, honesty, integrity.

Psalms 33:5 “The Lord loves   justice and righteousness.”

Isa 30:18 “For the Lord is a God of justice, blessed are those who wait for Him!”

Isa 61:8 “For I, the Lord, loves justice; I hate robbery and wrongdoing .In my faithfulness I will reward my people and make an everlasting covenant with them.”
 To understand justice properly, let us see what injustice is. Injustice means  unfairness, prejudice, inequality, bias, discrimination. Looking around us today we can see a lot of injustice going in almost every walk of life.  People are denied what is rightfully theirs and are cheated of their inheritance for no cause or reason. This is injustice.
What does Justice do ? How can we act justly?
Proverbs 8:25 “Evil doers do not understand what is right but those who seek the Lord understand it fully.”
To act justly means to do the good that we know we should without delay or hesitation whether we are have support or are alone. Many times we see injustice around us but we don’t respond. We may look over our shoulder waiting for the next person to initiate the first move. There is a saying Justice Delayed is Justice Denied. So let us be quick and courageous enough to act when we see an opportunity- to speak up for the fatherless, to defend the innocent ,to take care of the destitute.
Isaiah 1:17 “Learn to do right, seek justice. Defend the oppressed. Take up the cause of the fatherless; plead the case of the widow.”

Prov 27:9 “The righteous care about justice for the poor but the wicked  have no such concern.”
 In reality, acting justly may be the less popular thing to do. It may invite criticism and ridicule. It may draw unwanted attention or even persecution. But this is what our Lord Jesus modeled to us always speaking up for the oppressed in society the lepers, healing the  sick, encouraging and empowering both men and women, setting free those oppressed by the enemy.
There is a Reward for pursuing righteousness and acting justly.
Deu 16:20 “Follow justice and justice alone, so that you may live and possess the land the Lord your God is giving you.”
Psalms 37:27-29 “Turn from evil and do good, then you will dwell in the land forever. For the Lord loves the just and will not forsake his faithful ones.
Isa 51:4-5 “Listen to me, my people, hear me, my nations: Instruction will go out from me; my justice will become a light to the nations. My righteousness draws near speedily,my salvation is on the way, and my arm will bring justice to the nations.The islands will look to me and wait in hope for my arm.
 Amos 5:24 “But let justice roll on like a river, righteousness like a never failing stream!” 
Let us sing GOD OF JUSTICE :  WE MUST GO 


Hope you enjoyed this post, in my next post I will share about the second aspect and that is Part 2  HAVE MERCY.

Have a wonderful day!

Sparkylaurie